Saturday, April 18, 2015

My Mantras.

I carry my mantras with me everywhere I go. I wear them on my bike, on my yoga mat, to work, to dinner, and to do the dishes. They contain just a few words, but to me they are so much more.


                                                  

find your true north                   
The little letters are a gentle nudge to never settle. A reminder to do the work, to strive for more, to be more... Because it is worth it.

LA VIE EST BELLE
Those capital letters boldly announce that right now, in this moment, I am right where I need to be. I am enough, and everything in this life is beautiful. 
  
Two seemingly similar bracelets that carry very different meanings. I find them to be the perfect juxtaposition and reminder of balance. To push, and to surrender. 

Every time I ride my bike I find myself wanting to go faster, be stronger, ride farther, climb higher, because deep down I know that it will be work, but it will be worth it. Funny, I also find those moments of pure bliss where I absolutely lose my cadence, my mph drops, I actually coast because I've stopped thinking about my pedal strokes, I am consumed by the peace and joy from just being outside, and those moments keep me doing it.

It's not just riding. It's the same when I practice yoga- the urge to invert, to learn something new, to tap into a reserve of strength while working to gain grace-- but yet again- getting caught in the magic, moving with other bodies, breathing, being, connecting, and letting go for the pure joy of it. This is life. In work, in relationships, I am always torn between wanting to do more, be more, create, give,  love more, and then sometimes caught off guard, I stop trying. When I simply stop and look, and feel, and most importantly, when I just am-- that's when I am actually in the moment. At that time, I feel the appreciation, the gratitude, the human connection. That is when my life truly is just beautiful. And I realize those are the moments that make the work worthwhile.  

So I wear these two little mantraband bracelets day in and day out. As reminders of who I am, and what I have.  Just two little bracelets. Most often they go unnoticed or unseen, but to me, they mean so much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment