Friday, January 9, 2015

Choose happy.


Today was not an easy day. There were tears. There was uncertainty, hangry fasting, an iv, an EKG, and a PETscan- not to mention lots of nerve wracking waiting room action. I'll be honest, I felt the bitterness. I felt the anger, the indignation, frustration, and sadness- all driven from fear. But now I feel the gratitude. I feel the love, the happiness, the faith, and hope, the appreciation for the simple things. 

Our day also included a bike ride, red lipstick, cocktails and order of poutine from Ella (because Canada, duh), and at this moment I am in my theater seat waiting on my kind, loving, amazing, partner who is buying us popcorn before we watch Casablanca on the big screen. I can't help but ask, how lucky are we? Clearly, the angst, the frustration has passed. Not permanently, I know, but for now, it is gone. I am truly filled with joy. I know my life is not perfect, but so long as I am able to continually choose love, choose happy, I am grateful. 

 

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment