Friday, May 25, 2012

Hello 3 day weekend!

After a busy busy week-- Open House was Thursday and my parents came up to see my classroom in a swirl of floating clouds, rainbows, flying kites, and swimming fish (kindergarten is the best!!!)-- we finally made it to Friday.

Luke bought tickets for us to see "Beer & Ballet" and it was absolutely incredible! I had been dying to see it and I had heard nothing but excellent things about the performances. It was perfect for us because while Luke drank what looked to be delicious Ruhstaller beer, I was completely entranced by the dancers. What is really special about this show is that everything is choreographed by the dancers themselves and each choreographer talks a bit about each piece prior to (very VH1 Storyteller-esque). It was very intimate and we for there early to get seats in the front row. The dancers were so close we literally had to pull our legs under our chairs every time they ran by. I totally dug it! I am home and can't stop working on my turn out. (I haven't given up my dream that some day I'll be a dancer-- just have to suck it up and actually take some classes first)

For now, we are looking forward to a few days of respite at the cabin. ...after my 7:30am MRI tomorrow. Blah. I will be happier when we get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment