Friday, December 5, 2014

Surprise Day Off

We thought we were moving in today. Yesterday Luke picked up the keys to our new apartment-- in between him working at the coffee shop and delivering kegs. I came home after a full day of work myself and we looked forward to taking a load and then having dinner with Steve and Steph. Well, we took a load over but were met with an assaulting smell of cat urine in the corner of our hard wood floors. Rough. Not fun. Way past Fabreeze. We are talking soaked in, marinated cat urine. Not cool on any occasion, especially when we have a sweet (male) kitty who has heretofore never sprayed, nor had any accidents. We want to keep it that way.

 We emailed our new property manager and explained that due to the situation our move in process came to an immediate halt. Fortunately, she is awesome and when we stopped by this morning she was there with a worker scrubbing the floors. Though I am incredibly relieved they are on top of it and working for a solve, it would be very easy to be disappointed that we are again in limbo. 

Instead of wallowing, or worrying about something outside of my control, I am committed to enjoying this day off... And staying out of our apartment! We took a drive over to Sun and Soil to have my favorite breakfast, and then rode our bikes over to Insight for a beverage and some hangout time. Currently, lucas is editing photos from our trip to Portland (photos coming soon!), and I am going to sign off and return to reading my current book. Really, I am fortunate. Right now I am nestled in a window seat with my favorite person (at the same place we spent the morning of our wedding day together). We are not going to be sleeping where we wanted tonight, but we'll be sleeping together. For that I am always grateful. 

Sweet Bob Cat- we love you. And we really love that you don't pee on the ground. We also plan on keeping it that way.

Sun and Soil earlier this morning-
New window, same girl- at Insight. Must be something about me and windows...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment