Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Master of my Universe

In the midst of a mild/moderate phone call with mom freak out, I got a call from my principal letting me know that I had forgotten to sign off my cums. Immediate panic ensues. I have no car, no license, husband is at work, I have to be at my Neuro appt by 1:45, and we are leaving tonight for Portland won't get back till Monday....

Rather than succumbing to the panic, I realized I do have a bike, a helmet and a nifty device on my phone to give me a route to school other than the freeway. Yep, I rode my bike all the way to school, took care of my business and rode myself all the way back. Total success! I rode around 20 miles total (I went a few miles off course on the way there), stopped off at the gluten free shop down my street, treated myself to tasty beverages, came home and took a lovely bath.




***sidenote as I finish this update, I am sitting in the waiting room scared silly, and no longer feeling such a Master. Though fleeting, it was sweet while it lasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment