Saturday, June 16, 2012

Pops and Momo

Pops and I had dinner and went to a Rivercats game last night to celebrate Father's Day. We had a blast! Great seats, nice people next to us, good baseball, and perfect weather. When I was a kid we used to go on dates all the time just the two of us, and it was nice to be able to spend some QT with my Pops again. He is good company.

As for Momo, we still have lots of Mother Daughter dates (we had a ball seeing Beach Blanket Babylon for Mother's Day), but today is a new day for the two of us. My mom is running her first 10K and I told her I would do it with her. I am a little apprehensive.... My plan to run regularly fell by the wayside and I haven't run more than 3 miles in a LONG time. I was pretty tempted to bail... I am still considering taking the 5K loop instead of the 10. I couldn't be prouder/more excited for my mom though. The whole family has taken to running the past two years (thank you Josh and Em for inspiring us!), and my mom and pops run faithfully every morning long before the sun comes up. It's neat to see how their relationship has evolved and how they are still finding activities to share with each other and us kids.


So super lengthy update- to sum it up, my parents are awesome, and I hope I survive today.

No comments:

Post a Comment