Tuesday, June 12, 2012

School Days

Second to last day of school today and it was a fun one. We started the morning with the annual teacher vs 6th graders softball game. It has been a tradition at our school for over 25 years!!! I played in it last year, and had a blast playing in it again this year. The only difference is that a few of the cute kid drawn signs said "Go Mrs. Nissen!!!" instead of last year's "Go Miss Diehl!!!". I hope that maybe just maybe I will be around to play in the next year's game as well. (In all honesty, after being laid off again-- I might just be a visitor, but it would still be nice to come back.)

Anyhow, after the game I had about 15 minutes to transform my classroom into Birthday Party Headquarters to celebrate all of my kiddos with summer birthdays that would ordinarily miss a classroom birthday party. I have to say it was a total blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment