Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Busy Bee

Pops came to town today to visit and run errands with me. We had a great day! Walked to Broadacre to start with a beverage and a Doughbot doughnut, dropped some paper work off at the district office, conquered IKEA, and we even shared a veggie burger from Burgers and Brew. I can't explain how nice it was to have my dad in town- not just the practical aspect of having a vehicle to do errands with, but just to talk and hang out with someone who "gets" me was appreciated. It was his maiden voyage at an IKEA and it was fun to be able to share some ideas about how to set up Luke and my dream Loft.

Speaking of homes, we are not looking to move any time soon. We have a one bedroom with cheap rent and an amazing location. The inside is nice enough, but we are trying to use out small space more efficiently. (that's where the trip to IKEA comes in handy) I am glad that we are investing some money and time into making it nicer and more organized. It's fun to dream about our ideal living space, but I think it's important to value and be happy with where we are now.. Especially if we are going to be here a few more years.

Right now I can't wait for Luke to get home and see what I built! :) Warning, it's not actually that exciting, but it was a good little project for me and more storage space is always appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment