Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Family Ties

Almost forgot to post! Sunday evening we had our first of hopefully many movie dates with some of the women on Luke's mom's side. Grama, Karen, Aunt Kim, Sheena, and myself got together for a classic movie and some yummy eats. We each brought a salad, we had wine spritzers, and watched Casablanca. It really was a perfect Sunday evening. I always say how lucky we are to be so close with both of our families. I never knew my mom's mom, so I am especially grateful for the opportunity to have a relationship with Karen's mon. For Grama's 80th birthday last year the entire family on her side (Dellingers, Nissens, Dunns, Links, and Mehlers!) gathered for a wonderful weekend on the coast. I will never forget Aunt Vicky teaching us girls how to knit. She, like Sheena and I married into the Dellinger family and I couldn't have asked for a better one. Sheena and I also share Grama's rings- Lucas proposed to me with her engagement ring, and Adam married Sheena with the matching wedding band. It's corny, but it always makes me smile thinking about the bond Sheena and I will forever have with our matching ring set.

No comments:

Post a Comment