Sunday, May 5, 2013

Bon jour. Je t'aime. Au revoir.

I have definitely been lacking in the posting department. Too much it seems has been happening, and at the same time, not quite enough. I keep debating about keeping it just pictures, or actually including my thoughts. It seems just pictures are difficult for me to post without adding context, and making the commitment to include actual written updates on a regular basis feels daunting.

However, I am at this funny point in my 28 years where I am finally realizing, that I don't have to make up rules to follow for every aspect of my life. Crazy huh, and even better- I'm learning t's never too late to change my mind. So here is a written update, without a promise of one coming tomorrow. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. How bout that? ;)


So recent happenings: Lucas was chosen to design a mural for Concert in the Park. He was given free reign in the design department and he did a BEAUTIFUL job. I couldn't be more proud of his creativity, willingness to put himself out there, and his follow through. It looks amazing. :) Check it out on J St between 10th and 11th,

That same weekend I was given an incredible opportunity to attend the California Spirit Festival (which happened to be located on J and 12th). It was a weekend long festival of all kinds of yoga and all sorts of interesting people that shared the common interest of wanting to better themselves and their community. As soon as I heard about it I desperately wanted to go, but due to the priciness I didn't think it was going to be in the cards with me right now. However, I got a very happy surprise from my friends at LuluLemon Sacramento when they told me they had an extra weekend long pass that had been reserved for the Lulu crew and offered it to me. I was pretty outta my mind with excitement at being able to go- AND to be a part of the Lulu posse. (I not-so-secretly REALLY want to work for them. Lululemon is great company that not only makes awesome products, but they really do a ton of community outreach... hopefully more about that later).

So now, to the slightly negative aspect of what's been going on... on Sunday I had another Tonic-Clonic (GrandeMal) seizure. First one I had had in almost exactly a year. Pretty scary stuff, but luckily it happened at the Festival so I was in very loving and kind hands. I had minimal injuries- took a pretty nasty chunk out of my tongue, but that was the worst of it. The result, however, means my licence has been revoked again and my meds have been bumped up. As you can imagine, I spent the week going through a flood of emotions: gratitude and appreciation for the people that took care of me and continue to, frustration with the loss of memory surrounding the seizure itself, anger about the loss of my license, and fear that it might happen again. I've been feeling a lot lately. Fortunately, I have the best support system a girl could ask for, and I am reminding myself on the daily that not only will I get through this, but I will be stronger, more resilient, and more appreciative than ever before.

MOST EXCITING NEWS THOUGH (gotta end on the good stuff)!!! WE ARE LEAVING FOR EUROPE TOMORROW!!!!

Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, and Paris, oh my! :) I don't think I could be more excited to spend quality time having adventures with my best friend and partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment