Thursday, May 23, 2013

My city of love.

I know I said I loved Amsterdam, and I do. I love Copenhagen, and Ghent, and Bruges, too. But Paris.... There's just something special extra special about this city to me. In all honesty, I am. Probably biased. It is the first city I ever really explored on my own. When I came here in 2006 I remember it being the first city I ever really felt comfortable being completely alone and comfortable being alone in. I felt like it was the first time I ever felt my own skin and liked it. Needless to say I have been very anxious to come back and the thought of bringing my very best friend and favorite person with me, had me out of my mind with excitement. 

After only a day and a half here I can say that Paris has very much lived up to my expectations and made me feel all the more confident in who I am as a person and who I chose as a partner. (Yes a city can do that) 

Plus the food is just outta this world!!! =)



En route on the high speed train. (Can you tell how excited I am?)

 
One of the many incredible Gothic churches.
Petit cafe in Paris (no Venti Starbucks drinks for us!)
In the Cimetiere du Pere Lachaise
Rider(s) on the Storm:
This year marks 850 years of Notre Dame

Pics to be continued...




 
 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, indeed. So much so, I hope you don't forget to come home.
    Love you,
    Mo mo

    ReplyDelete