Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Yoga LOVE

Such a fun and sweaty class. I truly love our studio. I'm sure everyone thinks that the studio/gym/pool, whatever, that they practice in is the best (as they should), but I was really feelin the love tonight! Jeremy taught and he is so incredibly compassionate and kind. When I take his class I work hard because I know that I am worth it. I know that I deserve the benefits. All of our teachers are unique and they all make me work hard in different ways, but that is his gift and I am grateful for it.

My good friend, Stace, is going to training in the fall and in the meantime she is one of my favorite people to practice next to. She practices with intensity, but she doesn't have any ego. I know I am not supposed to be paying attention to anyone else when I am in a yoga class, but to say that you don't notice the person next to you is bullshit. Especially in Bikram, when you're that close in proximity, standing, sweating right in front of the mirror you can not only see how your neighbor is practicing, but you can just feel it. Some people are a little dramatic, some people are a little scattered, some can get angry, aggressive, you name it, it happens on the mat. I know that I have been all those people at different times, so it makes me really appreciate practicing next to someone who is consistent, focused, and generally a happy person. I know it sounds silly, but as individuals we all send vibrations out that can be felt by others. I really believe that the more I can be around people who are sending out the good vibes, the more I soak up, and then the more I can send back out. Not a particularly difficult concept to grasp, but sometimes I have to remind myself of this. So here is my note to self: must practice next to Stace more often!

Sidenote, lately I have been thinking about all the positive women I have in my life, and I am grateful. My aunt Lulu (who married us) is flying in tomorrow and I couldn't be more excited. She is my mom's sister and they three of us share a bond to our very core. I like to think that we send out the good vibes especially when we are together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment